Are you interested in scholarship funds for college?
To be considered for a scholarship, a student must be nominated by a chapter of The Girl Friends®, Inc. Each chapter may nominate only one potential scholar. The Girl Friends Fund, Inc. (“The Fund”) assists potential scholars in connecting to their local chapter of The Girl Friends®, Inc. when needed.
The Fund provides awards of $1,000 to $1,500 annually for up to four academic years, depending on availability of funds, to qualified high school seniors who have been accepted to a four-year institution. The scholarship is renewable for four years, provided applicable academic requirements are met. Our goal is to promote the academic achievement required to pursue careers including, but not limited to: Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine, Law, Business, Education, and Creative Arts.
To be eligible for consideration, a scholarship applicant must:
· Be a United States Citizen
· Be accepted for undergraduate study at a four-year accredited institution of higher education
· Have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.3 scale
· Have a minimum SAT score of 1200 or ACT score of 18
· Not be related to a member of The Fund
· Be sponsored by a chapter of The Girl Friends®, Inc.
The scholarship application can only be retrieved and submitted by Girl Friends, Inc. chapter representatives. Please contact the local Girl Friends, Inc. chapter for the application.
If you are a GFF chapter representative, and you have been given a username and password to apply, you may begin the application process.