The Girl Friends Fund, Inc. Scholarship
The Girl Friends Fund, Inc. (“The Fund”) brings dreams to life by providing scholarships and mentoring to high-achieving, African-American students who face significant financial obstacles in their path toward a college education.
The Fund provides awards of $1,000 to $1,500 annually for up to four academic years, depending on availability of funds, to qualified high school seniors who have been accepted to a four-year institution. The scholarship is renewable for four years, provided applicants academic requirements are met each year. Our goal is to promote the academic achievement required to pursue careers including, but not limited to: Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine, Law, Business, Education, and Creative Arts.
Special Scholarship Distinctions
GF Carolyn M. Carter Scholar (STEM Majors)
Anita Peek Gilger, MD Trust Scholar
GF Juanita P. Humphries Scholar (Outstanding accomplishments and involvement in community activities)
GF Gwendolyn G. Johnson Scholar
GF Carole Temple Phillips Scholar
Pioneers of the Fund Scholar
GF Jacqueline Hrabowski Scholar
Are you interested in scholarship funds for college?
To be considered for a scholarship, a student must be nominated by a chapter of The Girl Friends®, Inc. Each chapter may nominate only one potential scholar. The Girl Friends Fund, Inc. (“The Fund”) assists potential scholars in connecting to their local chapter of The Girl Friends®, Inc. when needed.
To be eligible for consideration, a scholarship applicant MUST:
* Nominated and sponsored by a local chapter of The Girl Friends®, Inc.
* Be a United States Citizen (as defined by FAFSA)
* Have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.3 scale
* Have a minimum SAT score of 1200 or ACT score of 25
* Be accepted for undergraduate study at a four-year accredited institution of higher education
* Not be related to a active member or former member of The Fund or The Girl Friends®, Inc.
The scholarship application can only be retrieved and submitted by Girl Friends, Inc. chapter representatives. Please contact the local Girl Friends, Inc. chapter for the application.
Potential scholars must be nominated by a chapter of The Girl Friends®, Inc. Each chapter may nominate only one candidate. The Girl Friends Fund, Inc. (“The Fund”) assists potential candidates with connecting to his/her local chapter of The Girl Friends®, Inc. when needed. If you need assistance finding a local chapter of The Girl Friends®, Inc., please contact us.
Scholarships are awarded in May during Conclave. Scholarship awardees will be notified by their sponsoring chapter. The official Girlfriends Fund, Inc. notification will sent in mid-June.
- If you are a Girl Friends Fund, Inc. chapter representative and you have been given a username and password to apply, you may begin the application process by clicking this link.