ESTHER C. MARIONEAUX ENDOWMENT FUND
GF Esther C. Marioneaux was a visionary who stood at the helm of the GFF as President between 2000 and 2002.
She had the foresight to establish an endowment fund in 2002 with hopes that it would come to provide a constant revenue stream for GFF Scholarships. She asked each GF to make a one time donation of $250.
GF Lynda Carroll followed in GF Esther’s footsteps with lofty ideas of her own. Under her leadership, the fund was named in honor of GF Esther and a medallion was designed for presentation to each GF who made the requisite contribution. These became “members” of the GF Esther C. Marioneaux Endowment Fund (ECMF) and their names were inscribed on plaques displayed at the GFF Annual Meeting. In response to her desire to honor donations to the ECMF beyond that initially requested, during her tenure as President, GF Carole Temple Phillips established the ECMF Certificate.
Since 2002, membership in the ECMF has grown to over 380 individuals and 28 chapters of The Girl Friends®, Inc.
The ECMF Presentation of Awards remains a sacred celebration of GF Esther and is conducted during the GFF Annual Meeting. Plaques continue to be displayed.
- Trudy Duncombe Archer (Detroit))*
- Marcella Boyd Cox (Cleveland)*
- Brenda Brown (Detroit)*
- Gwen Chattman (Atlanta)
- Miriam Clark (Detroit)*
- Christy Clayton (Durham)*
- Tanya Curry (Atlanta)*
- Rosemary Duffy Cooper (Columbus)
- Kathy Espy (Columbus)
- Elizabeth Espy (Atlanta)
- Marina Grant (Cleveland)*
- Valerie Harrison (Philadelphia)*
- Joya Harrison (Detroit)*
- Elizabeth Hilton (Cleveland)*
- Wanda Coleman Hudson (Las Vegas)
- Lynette Jackson (Cleveland)*
- Annette Johnson (Albany)*
- Victoria Lacey (Cleveland)*
- Robyn Markoe (Detroit)*
- Taryn Markoe (Detroit)*
- Deborah Pye (Cleveland)*
- Jacqueline Randolph (New Haven)*
- Fawn Robinson (Pittsburgh)*
- Susan Stephens (Cleveland)*
- Shuana Tucker-Sims (New Haven)
- Annette VanDevere (Atlanta)
- Barbara Lord Watkins (Dallas)
- Sonali B. Wilson (Cleveland)*
- Loudoun County Chapter of The Girl Friends®
- Toledo Chapter of The Girl Friends®
*Denotes new members